Sunday 28 September 2014

1. Why this Blog

This is a blog about my fight against malignant melanoma. I was first diagnosed in January 2014 when a thin cancerous mole was excised from my back. Unfortunately a few months later the cancer spread to a lymph node in my neck and (in spite of more surgery) a few months on it metastasised in my liver and bones, and I am now living with an incurable disease and fighting for my survival against melanoma. 

My reasons for writing are set out at the end of post 1 ('Human Nature'). In summary I write to:

1. Get it off my chest, organise my thoughts, rationalise what is happening to me.

2. Share my feelings but also information with my family and friends.


3. Raise awareness of melanoma and skin cancer prevention.


4. [Added in May 2015] Tell people who are diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma, and their loved ones, never to lose FAITH. Thanks to new treatments, this is not a death sentence anymore. We can win this. 


Malignant melanoma is a cancer of the skin, your largest organ. Between the dermis (inner layer) and epidermis (outer layer) of your skin are cells called melanocytes. Melanocytes are the cells that become cancerous in malignant melanoma. Melanoma is a type of skin cancer because of the cells from which it originates (melanocytes), however it may then spread and metastasise just like any other type of deadly cancer.  Malignant Melanoma can spread from the skin to virtually any other parts of your body, most often brain, lungs and liver.


Surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as well as targeted therapy and immunotherapy, may be used to treat melanoma. In spite of dramatic advances in treatment - with new drugs released in the last 2-3 years showing encouraging results - sadly every year thousands of people die from melanoma.


The number of people getting melanoma is now more than 4 times higher than it was 30 years ago. Sadly, it is now one of the most common types of cancer in young people aged 15 to 34.


Note that I am not medically qualified in any way and the information contained herein is based purely on my understanding as a patient who has spoken at length to doctors and other patients and researched and read plenty about the topic. However please refer to appropriate sources for medical advice and visit your doctor or dermatologist at once, if you have any concerns.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B. FOR OVER 5 YEARS LIVING WITH  IT
     I’m Stephenie Brown, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 3 years ago, i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors about herbs to cure me and ended up spending some amount of money but i never got better i was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things am restricted from doing so one day i saw a lady’s post on how Herbalist Dr. JAMES cured her  from Hiv virus with his herbal medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com....we spoke, i told him all that i was going through and he told me not to worry that everything will be more better again so he prepared a herbal medicine and send it to me through DHL courier company and told me the dosage,after 13 days of completing the herbal medicine,i was totally free from Hepatitis,so I went to see a doctor for a blood test ,After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative,i just can’t deny that i’m the most happiest woman on earth this very moment ,i’m so happy and thanks to Herbalist Doctor JAMES
    He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Melanoma ,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd,Back pain,Nephrotic syndrome,
     AND MORE contact him  on
    Email..... DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete